Thursday, February 15, 2007

It's Personal.

I know it's been a few days since I've posted here. I've had a rough couple of days, and was kind of struggling for perspective. I wanted to get myself right with God before I tried to pass anything along to anyone who might be reading this.

I'm in a time of transition in my walk with God. This is not something I can necessarily explain, but it is something I know beyond a doubt. I can feel him leading me into the next level, so to speak, with Him. And while I'm excited about all that is happening, I am also feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment, and maybe even a little tired from it all.

And through it all, God has been really challenging my faith to the core - my level of belief. Throughout my entire life, at any time, if asked, I would have told you I believe in God. I think I was somewhere between 3 & 5 years old when I asked Jesus into my life. It's just always been a part of life for me. But while I believe IN him, I can't say I always BELIEVED HIM with regards to my own life. Yes, I always believed him to be real. No I've not always been certain that his promises (according to his word) apply to me personally. I think it has just taken me quite a while to fully comprehend that God loves ME. Just as I am. Unconditionally. And he wants to bless ME.

Let me clarify - I have always believed God when it came to certain areas of my life - salvation, protection, just to give a few examples. But in other areas, I have been very hesitant to let go. I've been hesitant to be obedient. Apparently, it's time to shake that up a bit & see just where I choose to stand...because that's what's been happening in the past few weeks.

I was lying awake in bed a few nights ago, thinking some things over in my head, and really getting hung up on the 'unknowns' of some of the things in my life right now. Well, God interrupted my thoughts - mid-thought actually - and put this in my head: 'My word tells you that I put my word even above my own name. It is crucial that, to believe IN me, you must believe everything I say. Otherwise you do not believe in me at all. You must choose. I set before you life and death. Choose life.' I fell asleep thinking that over and over in my head.

Realization - I MUST believe that what God's word says is true if I am going to say I believe in God. That means, his word is true for ME. In every situation. It's time to take it personally. The Bible says over and over again, 'whosoever will...' That means, it is for anyone who will believe. It is for anyone who will act. It is for anyone who will obey. I am SOMEONE. It's for me.

It's personal.
  • IF YOU will listen diligently to the voice of the Lord your God, being watchful to do all His commandments which I command you this day, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations of the earth. And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you if you heed the voice of the Lord your God. (Deuteronomy 28:1-2 - Amplified Bible)

  • I call heaven and earth to witness this day against you that I have set before you life and death, the blessings and the curses; therefore choose life, that you and your descendants may live (Deuteronomy 30:19)

1 comment:

Deidra Faith said...

WOW! OK...got a few things to share so bare with me! One, I have the message version of the Bible along with several others and this is how Deut. 28: 1-2 reads. If you listen obediently to the Voice of God, your God, and heartily obey all his commandments that I command you today, God, your God, will place you on high, high above all the nations of the world. All these blessings will come down on you and spread out beyond you because you have responded to the Voice of God.
I love how it keeps repeating "Your God" cause sometimes I don't necessarily feel that way...I know He's God...I know He's my father but...well, save that for another conversation...

Two, I just have to tell you that reading all of these has really stretched me...if that makes sense. Reading what you have to say...your honesty...is really pulling me (for lack of a better description) to really look deep into my own heart. I may just have to mention you and this message in my next blog...

Love ya!

These are just my thoughts on things related to my daily walk with God. I've always been a journal-keeper, and this is the area that demands most of the space in every journal I've ever kept. This is my passion, and I hope that by sharing my thoughts on the things I'm going through, I might be able to bless you in some way. Enjoy.