Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Give Him Credit

Well, I find myself sitting here, with only 29 minutes left in the day, looking back at how my time today was spent. It's been a not-so-typical day. I operated our very own Grand Central Station, with other people's kids (and plenty of phone calls) in and out all day. Because of this, I got up at 6:30, but not to spend quiet time - to shower & get dressed before people started showing up at 7:00. At one point this afternoon, it was just me and 8 kids! Then we had homework and T-ball and dinner and craziness this evening. So in no way did I get to take my usual afternoon quiet time to spend with God. The closest I came was summarizing a book I read for a paper I have to write for the class I'm taking at church. But there was very little talking, and probably not much listening involved.

Aaah, but not to fear! The last time I went through a day thinking I could make it through since I just didn't have the time, I was SPENT by 6:00! I realized the cause of my impatience and desperation by the end of the day. Lesson learned - don't let that happen again.

So as I was in the shower this morning, knowing this was probably IT for me for the day, I offered up 5 minutes of prayer, and making breakfast, another little bit of conversation and praise. And at various times through the day today, I just made it a point to acknowledge Him and lean on Him for my strength for the day. What a difference! 6:00 rolled around today, and we all were eagerly heading off for T-ball. Today I had the grace to hang in there! Frustration-free! God is awesome, and I just wanted to give Him credit for being the difference in my day.

No comments:

These are just my thoughts on things related to my daily walk with God. I've always been a journal-keeper, and this is the area that demands most of the space in every journal I've ever kept. This is my passion, and I hope that by sharing my thoughts on the things I'm going through, I might be able to bless you in some way. Enjoy.