Monday, May 14, 2007

Always There

Matthew 28:20 - ...and behold I am with you all days (perpetually, uniformly, and on every occasion), to the very close and consummation of the age. Amen (so let it be).

Think of that. Perpetually - uniformly - constantly - unvaryingly - in every moment - on every occasion. I'm sure I could think of several more words that mean the same thing - He is ALWAYS with me.

That's such a comfort to me. I'm sure it would be even more so if I could get my head and my heart around the absolute truth of it. It doesn't always FEEL like He is with me in every moment. I can't always sense His presence. But He is still there. Most often I find, in times like these, I've lost site of Him and have started focusing more on myself - I've lost that perspective that keeps Him as the most important.

This is a process I am walking through right now, but I find daily that if I set my heart to purposely do ALL things unto God, for the sole purpose of pleasing and honoring Him, I can keep proper perspective, and I don't lose site of His presence.

No comments:

These are just my thoughts on things related to my daily walk with God. I've always been a journal-keeper, and this is the area that demands most of the space in every journal I've ever kept. This is my passion, and I hope that by sharing my thoughts on the things I'm going through, I might be able to bless you in some way. Enjoy.