Monday, April 30, 2007

God at the Grocery

As you know, I've been asking God to work out my perspective. Today He made a little progress with me (I get the idea that sometimes I'm hard to get through to - LOL!). Just kind of put me in check before I got to far gone, I think. But He showed me that I'm putting to much weight on my 'quiet time' (you know - church time, church worship, prayer time, etc) and not enough on the practical. Not that those times are not valuable. They're incredible. But I was getting out of balance. He just gave me a simple revelation - a reminder really I guess you could call it. I don't have to be sitting in my bedroom, quiet and prayerful, or kneeling at the altar, or singing during worship at church to find Him. I can find Him doing the laundry, or getting groceries, or wiping grubby hands and faces. He's just as real, just as present, and just as awesome there as He is when I'm still. And I guess I was just forgetting to take time to look for Him there - to acknowledge Him. I've been so looking forward to the next quiet time, that I've devalued what He has for me during the practical parts of the day - the majority of the day! And really, how would Lucas like it if I only talked to him when the kids were in bed, and the house was clean, and all the work was done, and everything was just right and perfect? No, he listens to me while I'm in the midst of chaos - he'll even follow me upstairs if we're talking and I need to move up their to keep doing what I'm doing. So why would God be any different? And this is something I've always known. It's just something I had begun to lose site of.

No comments:

These are just my thoughts on things related to my daily walk with God. I've always been a journal-keeper, and this is the area that demands most of the space in every journal I've ever kept. This is my passion, and I hope that by sharing my thoughts on the things I'm going through, I might be able to bless you in some way. Enjoy.