Thursday, April 26, 2007

Simplicity

The simplicity of God is sometimes what keeps me from understanding Him. I get in the way of myself. I clutter my perspective with details and specifics, when all I need to see is God. I truly do want whatever God wants for my life, but I think sometimes I try to get ahead of the game - plan ahead, get prepared. And just like Him, today He set me straight. He only said it once, because He knew I heard it. Although I was hoping for reinforcement or explanation, I got nothing. Instead, I got a lot of quiet time to sit and reflect, to study, and follow along until my perspective was cleared, and my heart was simplified. 'Walk each day with Me, and My will for you will unfold.'

Yes, I want God's will, but I don't need to chase it. His will should not be my focus, He should be my focus. Just Him. He is sufficient. He is satisfying. He is glorious and beautiful and merciful and majestic and holy. Just Him. And when I set aside all the rest, and I just sit in His presence, He radiates. He just washes over me and fills me and refreshes me. He simplifies life. It's not that hard - focus on Him and let Him be God. Whatever His plan for me in the future, right now it is His will that I trust in Him and worship Him, and if I never do anything else, I will be fully satisfied doing exactly this.

Lord, I love the habitation of Your house (Your presence), and the place where Your glory dwells (Psalm 26:8)

The secret of the sweet, satisfying companionship of the Lord have they who fear (revere and worship) Him, and He will show them His covenant and reveal to them its deep, inner meaning. My eyes are ever toward the Lord... (Psalm 25:14-15)

Lord today, in this moment, you have satisfied me, brought me to a moment of clarity and simplicity. My perspective is right when my focus is right. My focus is and always should be You, and nothing more. You are enough to satisfy me fully. You bring my spirit to rest. You restore and refresh me. Although the words seem insufficient, You are all I need.

No comments:

These are just my thoughts on things related to my daily walk with God. I've always been a journal-keeper, and this is the area that demands most of the space in every journal I've ever kept. This is my passion, and I hope that by sharing my thoughts on the things I'm going through, I might be able to bless you in some way. Enjoy.