Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Personal Perspective

Lord the one thing I ask of You is to stay daily in Your presence. I want to know You more each day. I want to understand You in my spirit in a way that is beyond what I can understand with my mind. God I would ask You to stay near me, but I know I do not have to ask this of You, because You are always with me. It is my own perspective, and not Your proximity, that needs transformed. So I ask You to change my perspective. Make me aware of Your presence through every moment of every day. Give me understanding of Your constant love, Your constant presence. Let me understand the depth of Your love for me. Change my perspective so that I can see the true power of Your presence in me. Don't let me limit You by my own perceptions and views of what You are capable of, but change my perspective - remove all boundaries that I've set on You with regards to my life - boundaries I've created through my own limited understanding, so that You can use me to Your fullest ability, in whatever way you choose. God, I release my life to You in faith, believing that You are big enough to do whatever You will in me and through me. If there are hindrances that prevent me from being available to You, God, show me what they are, reveal them to me, and show me what is necessary to break them down and remove them so that You can flow through me for Your design. God teach me to see things the way You see them. Reveal Your heart to me. Let me love others the way You love them. Let me see a situation for what it's really worth, and not make more of something that I should, and not pass over something that is important to You. Teach me to live as You lived here on earth Jesus. Teach me to walk - to stay - in the presence of the Spirit, to follow hard after the will of the Father, to be unshaken, to not be led astray, to not be distracted or pulled off course. God my perspective is my greatest weakness. I need you. I need your transformation in my life. God change me - Lord through your Spirit, give me proper perspective. I need you Lord. I love you.

(So this is my heart, just laid out there for anyone to read. I normally would not share this with the whole world, as my prayer time is very personal to me. But, here I am, sharing anyway. I hope that God will use it in some way for someone who comes across this. This was the bulk of my prayer time this afternoon - the moment it left my mouth, I knew it was a prayer that had just changed the course of my life. I have only now to wait and see the outcome. But in my spirit, I knew immediately that this was what God has been trying to bring me to realize, and it was what needed to be said.)

2 comments:

Deidra Faith said...

Wow...I'm not even sure what else to say. What a prayer...I actually think I'm going to print it and hang it up...just a reminder of the things we should want from God on a daily basis. Wow...

Rita S. said...

This is SO BEAUTIFUL - it really touched my heart. Please do share at the Selah Scrappers blog gallery - digital LOs are very welcome. Lovely, poetic, meditative. Thank you!

These are just my thoughts on things related to my daily walk with God. I've always been a journal-keeper, and this is the area that demands most of the space in every journal I've ever kept. This is my passion, and I hope that by sharing my thoughts on the things I'm going through, I might be able to bless you in some way. Enjoy.