Friday, March 30, 2007

Signs of Love

Can I just tell you the coolest thing! I just love it when I can see little signs in my every day life that God loves me. Lately, I've just been asking Him to show me evidence of His love - just little things that show He loves me personally. It may not seem like any big thing to anyone other than me, but it's big to me. Well, He has been doing just that - showing evidence in every-day ways - that He takes notice of me, that He knows what is on my heart, and that He cares enough to do something just to make me happy. And He's so easy about it, it just amazes me!

Yesterday, (if you read my other blog, you already know this) I exploded a cookie in my oven, and was unable to make dinner. Well, I had already decided prior to this event that I didn't want to spend any more money this month on eating out. But, when that happened, I was left with little choice but to go get something for dinner since there wasn't time to let the oven cool, clean it & then cook...it would have been way too late. Anyhow...I went to KFC to grab a bucket of chicken. I had made up my mind that I would get the cheapest bucket I could - whatever was sufficient to feed us. When I got there and looked at the menu, there was a huge meal for $12.99 - 9 pieces with 3 large sides & 6 biscuits. That was more than enough, and it was cheaper than the typical trip to McDonalds or Wendys. But I really really didn't want 9 pieces of thighs and drumsticks. I was hungry for - I mean almost craving - a huge juicy piece of white meat chicken. And I almost ordered the more expensive meal just to satisfy my craving. But, I stuck to it, and I ordered the cheap bucket of chicken. Well, when I got to the window, the man says, "Ma'am, I'm sorry to have to ask, but would it be okay if I gave you some breasts and a few wings?" I just smiled in my heart. Even though it's only a small thing, I knew that it was God just giving me a little extra something, just to make me happy, just because He loves me. How cool is He?! How could I ever not love Him? He's awesome!

1 comment:

Deidra Faith said...

It's funny because not everyone would view that the same way but I'm like you...it's those little things...the little desires of our hearts...that when something like that happens, really opens my eyes to how much God loves me.

These are just my thoughts on things related to my daily walk with God. I've always been a journal-keeper, and this is the area that demands most of the space in every journal I've ever kept. This is my passion, and I hope that by sharing my thoughts on the things I'm going through, I might be able to bless you in some way. Enjoy.