Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Be Bold

Lately I've been kind of random in my studying. There are a few things I've been asking God to make clearer to me, and He's been doing that like only He can. So I've been kind of all over the place in my Bible, including rereading Revelations, which is always an interesting undertaking. I will say that I am getting much more out of it this time around than I ever have before, but I guess that's because I've been lead to read it, so there's obviously something in it that I need to see right now.

So, since I've been pretty sporadic, and have only been getting things in little bits & pieces, I have been unsure what I should post about here, if anything. Yesterday I didn't feel a need to post, but I did get brought back to a verse that I love and had not thought about for a while. Well, today when I was thinking about posting, God put this verse on my heart once more, and this time I feel like it needs to be shared. So, here it is...
  • For we have not a high priest (meaning Jesus) which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. (Hebrews 4:15-16, King James Version)

I love this verse because it reminds me of a few very important things in my walk with God. First, Jesus has faced every form of trial and temptation, and knows & fully understands what I go through when I face struggles, temptations, trials, etc. There's just something very comforting in that. It's so much more meaningful to draw hope & strength from someone who has been through it and has conquered and overcome it.

The second thing I love about this verse is this: COME BOLDLY TO THE THRONE OF GRACE. Right here, in these few lines of scripture, the Bible tells us clearly that God knows what we are going through. He knows our struggles (so then He also knows our weaknesses & our sins). But these should not be reason to be afraid or ashamed to approach Him. We are told to come boldly to Him - not timid and ashamed, but BOLDLY, and He will help us and give us grace when we need it most. AWESOME.

I remember the first time I read this and realized what it was telling me. It had a total impact on the way I prayed and talked to God. I stopped feeling like I needed to get myself back on track before I asked for anything. Now, when I am struggling, I simply say, 'God I'm not strong enough to do this on my own. I need you. Please forgive me. Please help me.' God is greatest in our weakness. He wants to help us, if we will only be so bold as to ask Him for help.

No comments:

These are just my thoughts on things related to my daily walk with God. I've always been a journal-keeper, and this is the area that demands most of the space in every journal I've ever kept. This is my passion, and I hope that by sharing my thoughts on the things I'm going through, I might be able to bless you in some way. Enjoy.