Thursday, March 8, 2007

God is Faithful

Okay, so remember a few weeks ago, I shared that God was asking something of me that was proving to be pretty difficult for me to do. Well, I just wanted to share that in the first few weeks of being obedient to Him, God has already returned to me all that I gave up, and more. To me, this is an example of how faithful He is. What He says to us in the Bible is true - and it's true not just for a certain few people, but for anyone who will listen to what He says and obey Him.

Someone had asked me if I would be willing to share specifics related to this situation. While I don't want to go into every detail, I will share part of it with you.

We have always had a certain amount built into our budget for me to spend on scrapbooking supplies. Well, at the beginning of this year, God asked me to give that money to Him instead of spending it on me. Ouch! My only means of doing something for myself - indulging in something I enjoy - Ouch! But, with a lot of struggle, I decided to be obedient. And let me tell you that putting that first portion of it in the offering plate was PAINFUL. But, God is faithful, and He has honored His word. He not only has already returned that money to me, but has DOUBLED it in this short amount of time. AND He provided a way, through new design team positions, for me to have access to some awesome digital supplies FREE of charge! So, not only am I financially better off than I was before, but He has given me an unlimited supply of the one thing I would have been spending that money on anyhow! He just continually amazes me. I just wanted to give Him the glory for this thing He's done in my life - while it might seem little to an outsider looking in on me, it is HUGE to me.

2 verses I want to share with you (both from the King James Version):

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him. (Hebrews 11:6)

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. (Matthew 6:33)

1 comment:

Randi Perez Helm said...

Hi Rebecca,
I stumbled across our blog as I was reading my own. I just kept hitting the "next blog" button. Your words on God's faithfulness was a good and timely word for me today. Thank you! I needed it! It is so nice to hear what God is doing in others lives! Check out my blog if you like www.puffermoments.blogspot.com

Peace
Randi Helm

These are just my thoughts on things related to my daily walk with God. I've always been a journal-keeper, and this is the area that demands most of the space in every journal I've ever kept. This is my passion, and I hope that by sharing my thoughts on the things I'm going through, I might be able to bless you in some way. Enjoy.