Monday, August 27, 2007

Passion

What is the meaning of a life without passion? Is it worth our time to pass our time and yet to care passionately about nothing? Can we know what it is to want something - to truly want something - if we don't long for it with a passion? Do we really know love if we do not love with the strength that is only fueled by passion? Do I really love God if I don't love Him passionately?

My most important relationship is the one I have with Jesus. Without Him, nothing is right. He is my center, my security, my stability. He is my light, my guide, and my example for all that I could ever want to be. If my relationship with Him is not full and complete, then I am not fully experiencing the life He has made available to me. (John 10:10 - I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance, to the full, till it overflows). If I'm not following Him, loving Him, serving Him, worshiping Him, praising Him, obeying Him, trusting Him, leaning on Him, and confiding in Him with EVERYTHING that I have in me, I am selling short the single most important relationship in my entire life - both now and eternally.

Can I even say I LOVE Him if I do not love Him passionately? Does He want our acknowledgment, or does He want our adoration? Matthew 7 says that not everyone who calls Him Lord (not everyone who acknowledges Him) will enter the kingdom of heaven. He says, 'I will say to them openly, I never knew you' (Matthew 7:23). He wants more than lip service. He wants to KNOW us. He wants a RELATIONSHIP.

God is a passionate God. This I know with certainty. He creates with passion; He reigns with passion; and He loves with a passion that we may never fully grasp or comprehend. It is completely insufficient to offer Him a mediocre, lukewarm affection in return for a love like that. I want to love Him like He deserves to be loved. It is my prayer that He would continually change my heart, teaching me to love with a love that is full of passion and intimacy - a love that is pleasing to Him.

God, if I don't get anything else done today, I want to know You more and love You better ...
- RICK WARREN: (Author of "A Purpose Driven Life")

No comments:

These are just my thoughts on things related to my daily walk with God. I've always been a journal-keeper, and this is the area that demands most of the space in every journal I've ever kept. This is my passion, and I hope that by sharing my thoughts on the things I'm going through, I might be able to bless you in some way. Enjoy.