Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Waiting Game

Romans 8:25-26 - But if we hope for what is still unseen by us, we wait for it with patience and composure. So too the Holy Spirit comes to our aid and bears us up in our weakness...

Well, we've been waiting on some news for about 5 weeks now - news that could significantly impact our lives. For the first 2 weeks, I had sufficient patience. It was okay with me that we hadn't heard anything. I knew that God takes His time and doesn't rush on account of making it easier on me. No problem - I can wait.

Weeks three and four - well, I'm surprised we haven't heard anything, but I don't want a rushed decision. I really just want what's best for us. So if we have to wait a little longer, that's fine.

Well, here it is, week five. What's taking so long? Why haven't we heard anything? I wish they would let us know one way or the other... Hold on - is that impatience surfacing? Yes, I believe it is. And what had God been showing me at the beginning of all of this? To WAIT on Him. To wait and expect Him, and believe that He is working, and believe that He is working all for good. Wait.

Well, yesterday I was reading and came across something that stood out to me. The main tactic of Satan, although it can come in several forms, is to defeat us by wearing us out. If I want any victory in my life, the I must ENDURE - I must outlast him. I must stay patient, and continue to wait on God.

So today, I came across Romans 8:25, which says we are to wait with 1) Patience and 2) Composure. And we have the help of the Holy Spirit. In the Bible, God acknowledges our human weaknesses - and apparently patience is an area where I am weak (which is not wholly a surprise to me, or to my family, I'm sure). But we are promised the help of the Holy Spirit to aid us in our weakness, to bear us up and help us to continue on.

So I guess this is His way of reminding me to wait, to believe in Him - in His power, His goodness, and His wisdom - and be patient while He works. The Bible says His timing is perfect, and He is never even a second late. So even though news has not come as quickly as I would have liked, it will come exactly when He would like. Until then, it is my responsibility to wait with patience and composure, leaning on the Holy Spirit to help me.

No comments:

These are just my thoughts on things related to my daily walk with God. I've always been a journal-keeper, and this is the area that demands most of the space in every journal I've ever kept. This is my passion, and I hope that by sharing my thoughts on the things I'm going through, I might be able to bless you in some way. Enjoy.