Monday, November 24, 2008

To Alter History

I heard something today that has renewed my mental view of prayer. It was very simple, and it seemed very obvious. Yet the more I thought about it, the more I realized that, although I believe in prayer, I have not been truly viewing and approaching prayer as though I do believe it.

It was simply this: Every time I pray, I have acted to altered the course of history because I have invited God to work in and alter circumstances. Without prayer, history goes in one direction. With it, it goes another.

This is the truth of prayer. It's time for me to see it as an opportunity for God, through me, to shape the course of history.

No comments:

These are just my thoughts on things related to my daily walk with God. I've always been a journal-keeper, and this is the area that demands most of the space in every journal I've ever kept. This is my passion, and I hope that by sharing my thoughts on the things I'm going through, I might be able to bless you in some way. Enjoy.