Monday, June 25, 2007

His creation

I wanted to share an observation that Sebastian made today in the van on the way home from Target. 'Mom, God's creation is good.' End of observation. How simple. How purely heartfelt it was. I couldn't help but wonder - how long was he thinking about this before he decided to say something?

Our God is a God of abundance. He is a God that goes above and beyond. We see it over and over in scripture. When He makes lunch for thousands of people out of a few loaves and a few fish, He doesn't make just enough. He makes so much that there are baskets left over. And we see the same principle in His creation. How many climates - how many species of birds, fish, dogs, cats, flowers, trees, grass. The variation in topography. The spectrum of color. The number of stars. I believe with all my heart that variety and abundance bring Him joy.

Yes, Buddy, His creation is good. His creation is amazing.

No comments:

These are just my thoughts on things related to my daily walk with God. I've always been a journal-keeper, and this is the area that demands most of the space in every journal I've ever kept. This is my passion, and I hope that by sharing my thoughts on the things I'm going through, I might be able to bless you in some way. Enjoy.