Saturday, May 2, 2009

Just something to think about

"Let us not glide through this world and then slip quietly into heaven, without having blown the trumpet loud and long for our Redeemer, Jesus Christ. Let us see to it that the devil will hold a thanksgiving service in hell when he gets the news of our departure from the field of battle." -C.T. Studd

I came across this quote in my reading, and I love it. Lately I think I'm falling far short of the bar. Thank God His mercy is new every day, and today can be a new beginning (probably my millionth!) This quote - this well-thought-out life mission statement - can serve as a reminder of the boldness I have because of Jesus, and all that I want to give back to Him in gratitude. I truly do want to come to the end of my life and look back on it, knowing that I have had a consistent and profound impact on this world for His kingdom, not for my own glory, but as the best gift I can offer back to Him for all that He is and all that He has already given to me.

No comments:

These are just my thoughts on things related to my daily walk with God. I've always been a journal-keeper, and this is the area that demands most of the space in every journal I've ever kept. This is my passion, and I hope that by sharing my thoughts on the things I'm going through, I might be able to bless you in some way. Enjoy.