Tuesday, January 6, 2009

An Awesome Promise!

I came across this verse in my reading today. It was actually a verse that was in proximity to another verse I had looked up as a cross reference... it's amazing that I even happened to read it, because I surely was not looking for it. But it is one of the most encouraging verses I've ever read, and it is one incredible promise!

Isaiah 49:23 - ... and you shall know [with an acquaintance & and understanding based on and grounded in personal experience] that I am the Lord, for they shall not be put to shame who wait for, look for, hope for, and expect Me.

This element of faith has been a battle for me for much of my life - What if I believe and nothing happens? What if I'm disappointed? What if I make God my 'plan A' and He doesn't come through?

....This leads me to always have a 'plan B' in place...which is quite contrary to the faith God wants in us. When I make my own 'just in case' plan, I'm really saying to God that I'm not sure He will really be there for me, and that I can take care of things myself. That's not faith. That's doubt masquerading as faith.

But this verse in Isaiah puts a stop to all of that - or at least it should. Knowing the Word of God is truth, and that every promise in it is for every person who believes & does according to His Word, I know that I can rely on this promise...for me personally. If I dare to believe God, rely on Him, and expect Him to move on my behalf, He promises He will not let me down. I will not be put to shame. It's a promise.

No comments:

These are just my thoughts on things related to my daily walk with God. I've always been a journal-keeper, and this is the area that demands most of the space in every journal I've ever kept. This is my passion, and I hope that by sharing my thoughts on the things I'm going through, I might be able to bless you in some way. Enjoy.