Sunday, December 2, 2007

Idol or Tool

A statement was made in church today that keeps coming back to mind every now and again. When a wealthy man was asked how he was raised around such wealth and excess without becoming materialistic, his response was, "Our parents taught us that everything we have is either an idol or a tool."

How cool is that? Everything I have is either an idol or a tool. Makes me reconsider my heart attitude towards what I have. Makes me reconsider how I am using the things I have been given. Food for thought. Definitely an awesome thing to get a revelation of and to begin to teach my children.

No comments:

These are just my thoughts on things related to my daily walk with God. I've always been a journal-keeper, and this is the area that demands most of the space in every journal I've ever kept. This is my passion, and I hope that by sharing my thoughts on the things I'm going through, I might be able to bless you in some way. Enjoy.